Yep it’s on! CAFNEC’s annual ‘Far North Wilderness Bike Tour’ is back for it’s 18th year with dates set for 21st to 28th September 2019.
‘The Bike Tour’ is an iconic charity mountain bike event that is a self-paced and fully supported tour through spectacular tropical North Queensland and is run as a charity event to support the fantastic work (if we do say so ourselves!) of us, the Cairns and Far North Environment Centre. The 2019 tour is gearing up with the route incorporating a wide variety of landscapes and resting stops including lush tropical rainforests, wooded savanna, quaint country towns, cooling waterfalls, freshwater creeks and dramatic gorges. This is an 8 day trip of a lifetime through some of Far North Queensland’s best country – including hard to access places that many locals have never seen!The bike tour will run from 21 – 28 Sept in 2019 and includes:
– Over 400kms on mostly remote dirt roads and tracks with minimal traffic:
– 8 days of supported riding and camping
– Spectacular scenery including waterfalls and gorges, rainforest and open forest. Hard to access country that many locals have not seen
– An intimate and friendly ride with a maximum of 50 riders
– Home-cooked meals and snacks
– Money raised to support the important work of the Cairns and Far North Environment Centre.
So who’s coming? The ride is capped at 50 riders so register now to secure your spot.
If you are interested in mountain biking this is the perfect way to support CAFNEC and have a ripper of a time doing it. All of the funds raised from this tour go directly to supporting conservation action in Far North Queensland.
Do you know anyone who might be interested? Please help us by sharing this information with bike aficionados – thank you in advance!