The Bike North Executive has decided that our annual Tour de Cowra cannot proceed in 2020. This is a decision made with regret given the historic place that TdeC has within Bike North; this would have been its 20th year. In the current environment and given the advice from government and health authorities we must cancel to ensure there is no risk to participants or to the Cowra community.
Many of you will recall that we had planned to support Freedom Wheels https://freedomwheels.org.au/ in Cowra through having a donation box. The intention was, and remains, that Bike North match the donations made by individual members. Accordingly, we are offering those who had registered for Cowra a choice:
- Receive a refund, or
- Convert their registration fee into a donation to Freedom Wheels which Bike North matches.
Please advise the Treasurer email@example.com how you wish to proceed. If the Treasurer does not hear from you by 31 March we will convert your fee into a donation which Bike North will match.
Other members who wish to join this program of support for cyclists with disabilities are invited to contact the Treasurer who will advise on the process.
BIKE NORTH RIDES PROGRAM
At this stage our regular weekday and weekend rides program continues but whether rides are held is at the absolute discretion of ride leaders. Whether an individual rider participates or not remains a decision for each individual to make.
Where a ride does take place:
- Pre-registration will be compulsory (no walk-ups);
- Numbers will be limited to 10;
- Social distancing must be implemented (at least 1.5m separation) at all times;
- Riders are encouraged to bring their own refreshments;
- Leaders must find an appropriate location such as a park where the ride can be paused while maintaining the required social distancing (individual riders who choose to purchase take away refreshments must maintain social distancing when purchasing).
We are all aware that COVID-19 is a rapidly developing and changing situation. Bike North’s response may change at short notice.
President, Bike North