For BN riders wishing to challenge themselves in Community Cycling Events, two major events are being held in March, as follows:
L’Etape Australia, Kiama – 20 March 2021 (136km and 80km) letapeaustralia.com L’Etape Australia is the only Official Tour de France event in Australia, providing cyclists with an experience close to the Tour de France. To cater for riders of all abilities, two distances will be offered.
- The Race (136km and 2,700m elevation) – replicates a mountainous stage of the TDF.
- The Ride (80km and 1,200m elevation) – a shorter version of The Race
Starting and finishing in Kiama, both routes will go through the Shoalhaven and Southern Highlands on closed roads.
The Bobbin Head Cycle Classic – 28 March 2021 (104km, 80km and 57km, 27km) www.bobbinheadcycleclassic.org.au The annual Bobbin Head Cycle Classic offers four ride lengths to suit riders of all ability, from social to experienced cyclists. All rides start and finish from Karuah Park, Turramurra, and will each allow you to experience the beauty of Kuringai National Park and Bobbin Head.
- 27km Ride – a loop through Hornsby, Mt Colah, Bobbin Head and North Turramurra
- 57km Ride – extends the 27km ride with a loop through St Ives and Terrey Hills
- 80km Ride – extends the 57km ride with a loop of Akuna Bay
- 104km Ride – extends the 80km ride with a loop to West Head
When registering for either event, please nominate “Bike North” as your Team and make sure to prepare well to enjoy your ride!
Marc de Silva
+61 (0)431 264 426