RISK WARNING: As a participant in this dangerous recreational activity, you may be exposing yourself to a significant risk of harm. Bike North, the ride organisers and leaders wish to warn you of the risks and hazards that are an inherent part of cycling, and to take care to prevent putting yourself, your fellow participants and/or others into danger. By registering for this ride, you accept the warning as to risk, and you agree to ride in a safe and responsible manner and to obey all Australian Road Rules.
Summary : Ride from Norwest on cycle routes to Parramatta and on along the river to Wentworth Point. Return a similar route.
This ride starts at 08:30:00 special start: Bella Vista Metro Station
NOTES: Ride culminates at AGM Egret Pavilion BiCentennial Park Homebush. Option to return back to Bella Vista or other nearby train stations.
|Ride Grade Information|
|Average moving pace||steady |
approx. 17-19 kms/hr
|REE||Calculate your REE|
|Explanations of grades, pace, RDI, REE|
|Suitability||Adult riders with looking to do a longer ride.|
|Features||Ride the cycle paths of north west Sydney through Parramatta to Wenworth Point on the Parramatta river.|
|Coffee stop||Wentworth Point|
|Expected duration||4.5 hour(s) (estimate only - ride may be longer due to on the day factors)|
|Future dates for this route|
|Ride With GPS Map/Cue/Profile/TCX/GPX|
This is a ride along cycle paths to Seven Hills then Parramatta Park then on to Wentworth point along the Paramatta River for coffee. on the return we ride back to Silverwater Bridge to cross the river once again. We then follow the river back towards Parramatta taking a different route via streets in North Parramatta and Cumberland Hospital. We then rejoin the outwards route in Westmead, with a slightly different route to Seven Hills and Norwest.
Keeping us COVID-safe:
- Pre-registration is compulsory. There are no walk-ins.
- Physical distancing of 1.5 metres should be observed where possible.
- All riders are encouraged to bring hand sanitizer.
- Riders must not attend if sick, have cold or flu or flu-like symptoms, etc.
- Riders must bring and wear a mask when NSW Health orders require. Note that masks are still compulsory for all on public transport.
- Riders who become Covid-19 positive within 2 days after participating in a ride must immediately advise the Ride Leader.
- Riders should not return to Bike North rides until at least 7 days after testing positive to Covid-19 or until they have a negative Covid-19 test result.
While on Bike North rides and activities, you may be photographed or videoed. Photographs and videos may be used by Bike North for social media or promotional purposes. If participants do not wish to be included in social media, they should make it know at the beginning of the activity and other participants must respect their wishes.
Bike North Events System, © 2010 Bike North and Keith Griffin