RISK WARNING: As a participant in this dangerous recreational activity, you may be exposing yourself to a significant risk of harm. Bike North, the ride organisers and leaders wish to warn you of the risks and hazards that are an inherent part of cycling, and to take care to prevent putting yourself, your fellow participants and/or others into danger. By registering for this ride, you accept the warning as to risk, and you agree to ride in a safe and responsible manner and to obey all Australian Road Rules.
Summary : Mostly off-road cycle route from Meadowbank to Mascot, with a number of on-road sections that join the cycleway sections. We ride to Olympic Park then to S Strathfield then join the Cooks R. Cycleway to Tempe, then airport north path to Mascot for coffee.
This ride starts at 09:00:00 Meadowbank Wharf, end of Bowden St, Meadowbank
This is a MEMBERS ONLY ride
|Ph||0428 161 521|
|Ride Grade Information|
|Average moving pace||steady |
approx. 17-19 kms/hr
|REE||Calculate your REE|
|Explanations of grades, pace, RDI, REE|
|Suitability||Longer but fairly flat ride|
|Features||Off-road cycle route from Meadowbank to Mascot, with a number of on-road sections that join the cycleway sections. We ride to Olympic Park then to S Strathfield then join the Cooks R. Cycleway to Tempe, then airport north path to Mascot for coffee.|
|Coffee stop||Mascot or Alexandria|
|Expected duration||4.5 hour(s) (estimate only - ride may be longer due to on the day factors)|
|Future dates for this route|
|Ride With GPS Map/Cue/Profile/TCX/GPX|
This ride is a classic off-road cycle route from Meadowbank to Mascot, along with a number of short road sections which lead to, and then join up, the cycleway sections. We ride to Sydney Olympic Park then on road to South Strathfield before we pick up the Cooks River Cycleway which we follow to Tempe then, then the shared Path north of the Airport to Mascot for coffee. Return the same way.
The ride is mostly flat using the narrow cycleway. The route has many tight corners and slow sections requiring good cycle skills and good awareness of all path users. A bicycle bell is a must when riding on this route as we constantly slow and accelerate as we pass others.
Keeping us COVID-safe:
- Pre-registration is compulsory. There are no walk-ins.
- Physical distancing of 1.5 metres should be observed where possible.
- All riders are encouraged to bring hand sanitizer.
- Riders must not attend if sick, have cold or flu or flu-like symptoms, etc.
- Riders must bring and wear a mask when NSW Health orders require. Note that masks are still compulsory for all on public transport.
- Riders who become Covid-19 positive within 2 days after participating in a ride must immediately advise the Ride Leader.
- Riders should not return to Bike North rides until at least 7 days after testing positive to Covid-19 or until they have a negative Covid-19 test result.
While on Bike North rides and activities, you may be photographed or videoed. Photographs and videos may be used by Bike North for social media or promotional purposes. If participants do not wish to be included in social media, they should make it know at the beginning of the activity and other participants must respect their wishes.
Bike North Events System, © 2010 Bike North and Keith Griffin