Latest Bike North News
Advocacy Seminar Series
Bike North is organising funding and hosting a unique opportunity for bicycle advocates in Sydney. 11 seminars running on the 3rd Tuesday of each month covers everything that you will need to become a better advocate for Making Cycling Better, the key goal of Bike North.
- A brief history of bike planning and public policy in NSW
- Planning and Building Cycle infrastructure.
- Mid-block on-road bicycle facilities
- Bicycle facilities at intersections and crossings
- International cycle facilities best practice
- Ways of funding cycling projects
- A strategic approach to advocacy
- Facilities that support trips and make it easier and more convenient to cycle
- Influencing the future of cycling in your city
- Road law and the rights and responsibilities of cyclists
- Improving cycling case study
Bike North 20th Anniversary Dinner
All members are welcome to come along on Friday 5th August to celebrate Bike North's 20th Anniversary Dinner.
Bike North AGM 2016
Bike North will be holding our Annual General Meeting on Sunday 21 August, 2016 at 11:30am. The venue will be the Heron Pavilion, Bicentennial Park, Homebush. The meeting is expected to take about 20 minutes.
- Present (Members to sign register of attendance)
- Minutes of previous 2015 AGM
- Annual Report from President
- Annual Report from Treasurer
- Volunteer Awards
- Election of Office Bearers
- Further business.
All members are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Note that a number of Bike North Rides will be run in the morning and will reach the AGM venue in time for the AGM. The AGM will be followed by a catered lunch plus 20th Anniversary Cake.