Latest Bike North News
Bike North Century Challenge 2017
If you've just returned from the annual "Tour De Cowra", and are looking to continue the cycling camaraderie, the regular Bike North Century Challenge - or BNCC - is just around the corner on Sunday, April 30th
This event has been going for 16 years, and provides challenges no matter what level you're at in cycling. There are 5 courses - 60km, 100km, 120km, 165km and 200km - to test yourself against.
Team Entries close April 21st, and the organisers need to know what teams are participating.
Advocacy Seminar Series
Bike North is organising funding and hosting a unique opportunity for bicycle advocates in Sydney. 11 seminars running on the 3rd Tuesday of each month covers everything that you will need to become a better advocate for Making Cycling Better, the key goal of Bike North.
- A brief history of bike planning and public policy in NSW
- Planning and Building Cycle infrastructure.
- Mid-block on-road bicycle facilities
- Bicycle facilities at intersections and crossings
- International cycle facilities best practice
- Ways of funding cycling projects
- A strategic approach to advocacy
- Facilities that support trips and make it easier and more convenient to cycle
- Influencing the future of cycling in your city
- Road law and the rights and responsibilities of cyclists
- Improving cycling case study